Sunday, April 3, 2011

Successful Dating Strategies

Firstly an apology.

Given that I'm a bloke, who has done his fair share of dating women, the following posts are going to be centred around single guys pursuing single girls. It's not a chauvinist thing I just don't have much experience, or inclination, to go chasing after guys. Having said that I'll do my best to cover all angles and I may do a post on what guys go for...we'll see how we go.

So I thought I'd start by sharing a few general strategies that have been used over the years. These may seem a bit counter intuitive but they do work. But with many things in life you have to use what works for you and timing can be everything.

Anyway here are nine strategies for successful dating:

  1. Chasing - ok this is a huge generalisation but in my experience holds a lot of weight.
    Women like to be chased by men!
    Now I'm not talking about the weird stalker pursuing and would never advocate continually trying your luck when a lady has made it clear she's not interested. However if you are a man waiting for a woman to make the first move - well you'll probably be waiting a long time because some other guy will come along and sweep her off her feet.
    Get in the game! Make your intentions known - what is there to lose!
  2. Sex talk!
    Now we're all adults, we all know that dating is a mechanism to weed out a new (hopefully long term) mate. That means that if all goes well sex is going to happen! But the first conversation/date is not the time to find out what her favourite position is or whether she likes firemen or Santa!
  3. No sex before marriage!
    Only kidding...but there is an important point here that follows on from point two. Most women aren't interested in just one night stands (a topic for a future post). If you're serious about finding a long term partner why rush things? Although sexuality is a big part of a relationship, it is not a good foundation on which to build a relationship. If you build your relationship on sex, it will most likely fall like a house of cards.
  4. Don't live in each others pockets.
    Date went well? Been texting and phoning lots? Have you been doing that whole 'you hang up first' thing?
    Chill out! How is a house built? Brick by brick. How have you developed friendships? Over time. Same principal here with dating...less can sometimes be more.
  5. Real relationships need real interaction!
    Texts, emails, phone calls, facebook - these are all great ways of staying in touch with your chosen girl. However the more you get used to chatting via electronic means the more you may feel awkward with each other in person. Plus this stuff is just far more fun in person.
  6. Be yourself!
    Again if you are after a long term partner in life why try and be someone you're not? At some point the real you will shine through leading to an interesting dynamic in your budding romance.
    If you are compatible, you will discover more things to like about each other. If you are not compatible, you will be able to find out sooner rather than later.
  7. Be aware of who you're dating!
    While being true to yourself remember that everyone is unique and different. Ok you might only date carbon copy look-a-likes of your first girl friend, but the girl you're now dating is her own person with her own personality. Give her a chance and don't assume she'll have the same baggage as all your other ex's.
  8. Don't go changing!
    The only person that can really change you - is you; the only person that can change your significant other is them. If at the start they have an annoying habit that drives you mad - well it's always going to be there. You don't get to just pick the bits you like so if there is something that drives you mad then have an honest conversation with yourself.
  9. Have fun!
    Dating is a chance to meet new and interesting people and do fun activities. It's an opportunity for growth and can add sparkle to your life.

There you go 9 tips for successful dating.

Peace

G

59 comments:

  1. great tips!
    gonna try some of em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tips. As someone who is very experienced with women, I can't fault any of the advice you've provided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The growth and sparkle made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those truly are some great tips and, as a female, can vouch that all these work. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only 1/2 the men in the world read this.....imagine what a better place the world would be...for women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha. good information. sensing some haters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how uplifting..i think ill go find a girl friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Imma have to try these. Thanks for the tips. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's quite a few good tips there, especially the ones telling you to be yourself :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to research the enemy's strategy before going to the club.

    Thanks for the insider info =P

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, not sure about those tips, but good luck anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my best strategie is to target a female, smell him, attak in with my speak dexterity, and let my body talk, not my d***, my brain roll on everything my friend, let it be

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good, though I hope I won't need to use these tips. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the advise, enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, well thanks for the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like your blog. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  18. even though i dont think i need them, its always know to improve your knowledge. it WILL come in handy one time

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing tips!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent post man! Was a really interesting read! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good advice. Im in a relationship and these are some good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a lady and I approve this message.
    everyman's post it on the fridge or in mirror before shave.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha, everyone says 'centered around' (first paragraph). It's my favorite oxymoron.

    But seriously, you're blog offers a lot of value and I really enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such stuff is always an enjoyable read, but I still favour kidnapping as the most honest way to meet a woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too many rules for one simple thing: be yourself and be happy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wish i was smoother with the whole 'chasing' bit. Btw, i'm looking for $upport.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ehi G! Great post here :-)
    I have a boyfriend for more than 3 years now, so i don't need to use your tips , but, they're really great and helpful tips!Great work!
    Sorry if I answer you only now. I wanted to thank you for the comment on my blog, Sorry if I answer today but I was in Florence and when back home I had lot of things to do!
    But thank you for your nice words!
    Check out my today's post, and don't miss tomorrow's one!!<3
    Anna

    www.followpix.blogspot.com

    p.s. can e follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  28. it almost seems like common sense, but then you look at people in practice....

    randomramblingggg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. As a female, I totally agree with what you have to say! Great tips! If guys actually followed those rules, they wouldn't be single... :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very good tips. Some of those I don't need to worry about since I'm in a relationship that started a while back, however some of these are always good reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Perfect advice! Now if only I could get a date...

    http://techflaws2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think you are spot on with all of this advice, especially the parts stressing not to rush things. All too often people fly headlong into relationships for the sake of just being in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  33. cheers for sharing this man! hopefully they worked great on you, hence the sharing. there are some point that I really agree (like 6) and some others that I'd like to add (like 1) I won't make this long. Being men, we have an integrated I-will-get-what-I-want system and persuading until we'll get it. And that's the definition of a successful man. Thanks again for sharing (and reading this comment :D)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good post. I'd agree 100% with most of that advice. Especially the bit about being yourself. That's so important.
    Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  35. iam waiting for more my man :) i actually got a candidate in direct view right now lol

    ReplyDelete
  36. I agree with 1000% of this, I love it! It's like you're my long lost brother!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is awesome post! Love it! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The 'Chase' is the best part of any relationship... after that it's all weight-gain and nagging...

    ReplyDelete
  39. lol great tips dude! if youre so successful then why are you single (;

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think it's a good list, i think making sure you see each other in real life is a huge thing.

    ReplyDelete